By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Set up your tutor profile
- Manage and confirm your lessons
- Apply and accept new students
- Provide parents with feedback via end of lesson reports
Important Note: At The Study Hub we are looking for passionate and commited Tutors. Therefore to be part of our team of tutors you must be ready to commit to a full term (10 weeks) before deciding to leave. We do this because we are passionate about our students welbeing. Changing tutors can be a little daunting for the little ones and we want to make sure we give them the best opportunity to grow in confidence and excel in school.
25.3 You may terminate these Terms by giving us a minimum of 14 days’ written notice, using the contact details provided below. You are expected to perform Services for at least ten (10) weeks after the Start Date. If you terminate these Terms prior to this period then, without limiting any other clause under these Terms, you are required to pay us as a debt due and payable liquidated damages in the amount of $150 (excl. GST), and you acknowledge and agree that this amount is a genuine and reasonable pre-estimate of the loss that we will suffer as a consequence of your termination.
If you have any upcoming exams or taking personal time off please provide us with 2 weeks notice so that we can inform student parents and also organise a potential temp tutor.
Module 1:1 - Tutor Profile
First thing first you will need set up your Tutor Cruncher Profile. You will receive an email with a link to access your profile.
Your profile is where you showcase your skills, experince and qualifications.
Via our Tutor Cruncher platform you will be able to:
- Manage and book in your tutoring sessions
- View and apply for new student jobs (tutoring jobs)
- Set your availabilities
- Use our online platform
- View your invoices and payments
Module 1:2 - What we aim to provide for you
- Our aim is for you to support three students every week as soon as feasible.
- We handle payments and provide you with the tools, resources, and processes you need to focus only on each of your students.
- We look for methods to assist you get career-ready by giving you opportunities to volunteer, intern, and gain relevant work experience.
- We provide SMS, phone, and email help at all times. We believe in you and know that when you're pleased, your students are happy.
- Our tutors are held to a high standard. When a parent comes to us, they already know what to expect. Every time you have a lesson with a student, we want to see you bring your A-game.
Module 1:3 - Your tutoring Jobs
Accepting New Students
Important: only accept a student if you are 100 percent confident that you will be able commit to the 10 weeks of tutoring. If you cancel a first session after you've accepted, you'll receive an official warning, and if you do it again, you won't be able to take any more students. You may appreciate that cancelling a scheduled session adds a lot of extra work for our team and is inconvenient for the students, therefore we don't do it lightly.
When you select a job remember this is your opportunity to prove that you are the tutor for the job. We have done everything we can to build trust and convince the parent that we are the service for them, and now the baton passes to you – it is up to you to show how you can bring value to their child-like no one else can.
Confirming New Students
You get paid by confirming your classes after they've been done. It also offers you the opportunity to give the parent feedback and plan your next weekly session.
The entire procedure will take less than a minute (or a few minutes if this is a first session) and must be finished within 12 hours of the start of the session.
After each tutoring session, log in to Tutor Cruncher. You should see the lesson waiting there to be confirmed (or head to ‘unconfirmed sessions). (NOTE: do not delete the session if it's cancelled. Click on cancelled instead.)
Click confirm and enter the length of session. Add your ratings and feedback. When confirming a lesson you are asked 3 questions. – all of which are sent directly to the parent of your student. It is important your feedback report is detailed and provides positive and constructive feedback.
On the next page, enter the date and time of the next session – this will usually be the same time next week unless you have discussed otherwise with the student. If it is your first session with the student, this process is slightly different and will be discussed later.
For a detailed tutorial and explanation of how to use Tutor Cruncher click on this link Tutor Guide